Answer this Questionnaire to be a Featured Colorist
Share your story about why you enjoy coloring! Fill out this questionnaire to submit your story for possible inclusion in the SuziQ Creations Colorist Spotlight feature. If your submission meets our publishing requirements, your spotlight feature will be added to the queue in the order it was received.
Reasons your submission may not be used:
- Writing your answers in “texting” shorthand.
- Your coloring examples didn’t include at least one OrnaMENTALs page.
- Excessive one-word, brief, or uninteresting responses.
- Not proofreading your responses for spelling and grammatical errors. (I will clean up minor mistakes, but have a limit to how much time I can spend editing and formatting these.)
- You are a coloring book author or artist.
- Your submission is overly self-promotional.
- Your pictures are not properly credited.
Colorist Spotlight Submission FormFill out the form below if you would like to be featured in our colorist spotlight. Please only submit if you are a colorist and not a coloring book artist/author.
Alternate submission method:
If you can’t submit using the form for some reason, you can submit through this alternate method. It uses Dropbox, but a Dropbox account is not required.
- First, copy the questions below and paste them into a text document.
- Write your answers below the questions and save it as a doc, docx, rtf, or txt file.
- Send the questions and all your pictures through the following Dropbox link:
Copy questions below this line:
Your name as you would like it to appear:
When did you get into coloring and what were the circumstances that led you to it?
Why do you color? What are the benefits of coloring for you?
What are your favorite media to color with (pencils, markers, etc.)? Do you have a particular favorite type or brand or coloring tools? What is it and why do you like it? Be specific.
What are the top 3 coloring tools you would not want to be without?
What are some of your favorite coloring books, artists, and styles of coloring art?
What do you look for when choosing a book or piece to color?
What’s your favorite place to color? How often do you color? Do you have any coloring rituals such as what you listen to, how your space is set up, or how you prepare to color? Describe them…
Do you do anything special with the pictures you color? Crafts, gifts? How do you store them?
Would you share a favorite color palette? (list color names, or include a coloring sample or photo that you own copyright to)
What tip or piece of advice would you give to someone just getting into coloring?
What coloring groups, websites, or resources do you recommend? (Do mention your own group or web site if you have one.)
Add 3-6 pictures of your coloring. Include at least one from “OrnaMENTALs” by Sue Chastain and note the book and/or artist name on all others, please. (If you need an OrnaMENTALs page to color, visit http://www.suziqcreations.com/free-ornamentals.)
Optional: Include a photo of yourself.
Optional: Where do you live?
Optional: Your Age
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Don’t’ forget to include your pictures!
Picture 1 filename:
Picture 2 filename:
Picture 3 filename:
Picture 4 filename:
Picture 5 filename:
Picture 6 filename: